Home Claims Procedures
1.1 CLAIMS CONDITIONS
Fraudulent Claims: If any claim under this Policy be in any respect fraudulent or if any fraudulent means or devices be used by the Policyholder or anyone acting on his behalf to obtain any indemnity under this Policy or if any loss, destruction or damage be occasioned by the willful act or with the connivance of the Policyholder all rights under this Policy shall be forfeited.
On the happening of an event for which a claim is or may be made under this Policy the Policyholder shall
- The Policyholder shall not without the Company written consent
- admit guilt or liability, or make a promise or offer of payment in connection with any claim; or
- offer or agree to settle any claim
- Give immediate notice to the police authority in respect of malicious damage, robbery, theft or fraud.
- Give written notice to the Company as soon as possible without any delay
- Take all practical steps to
- Avoid, minimize or check any injury, disease, loss, destruction or damage
- Discover and procure punishment of any guilty person
- Trace and discover any property lost
- Retain unaltered and unrepaired anything in any way connected with such event for such time as the Company may reasonably require.
- Produce for the Company, within thirty (30) days of the event, unless a further time has been allowed in writing by the Company, full particulars of the claim together with details of any other insurance(s) covering the same loss, damage or liability.
- At the Policyholder own expense furnish all information, evidence and assistance (including if requested a statutory declaration of the truth of the claim) as the Company may reasonably require.
- Send to the Company without delay every communication received in connection with the matter.
- Give immediate written notice to the Company on being advised of any impending prosecution, inquest, enquiry in connection with any occurrence for which there may be liability under this Policy.
The Policyholder shall at the request and expense of the Company do and occur in doing and permit to be done all such acts as may be necessary or reasonably required by the Company for the purpose of
- defending any claim
- enforcing any rights and remedies or
- of obtaining relief or indemnity from other parties to which the Company shall be or would become entitled or subrogated upon its paying for or making good any loss, destruction or damage under this Policy whether such acts shall be or become necessary before or after indemnification by the Company.
- The Company shall be entitled to
- Take over and conduct in the Policyholder name the defense or settlement of any claim or
- Prosecute in the Policyholder name for the Company benefit any claim for indemnity or damages or otherwise
- The Company shall have full discretion in the conduct of any proceedings and in the settlement of any claim
- No property may be abandoned to the Company
UNITED FIDELITY INSURANCE COMPANY
In Conformity with the Federal Law No. 6/2007 Reg. No (8) dated 22/12/1984. Authorized paid-up Capital Dh. 100,000,000
- Ras Al Khaimah T: +971 7 2351584, F: +971 7 2353213, P.O. Box: 1010 – Sharjah T: +971 6 5682277, F: +971 6 5681586, P.O. Box: 5333
- Dubai T: +971 4 2502501, F: +971 4 2502504, P.O. Box: 1888 – Abu Dhabi T: +971 2 6263313, F: +971 2 6263526, P.O. Box: 721
- Fujairah T: +971 9 2222302, F: +971 9 2220294, P.O. Box: 4417
In respect of any claim or series of claims for which this Policy indemnifies the Policyholder against his/her legal liability, the Company may at any time pay the Policyholder:
- The limit of indemnity (after deduction of any sum(s) already paid as compensation) or
- Any lesser amount for which such claim(s) can be settled
Once the payment has been made the Company shall relinquish the conduct and control of and be under no further liability in connection with the claim(s) except for the payment of costs and expenses recoverable or incurred prior to the payment date.
Disputes arising between the parties (the Company and the Policyholder or his legal representative) out of this policy, both parties shall have the right to refer the difference to arbitration. Such difference shall be referred to the decision of an Arbitrator to be appointed in writing by the parties in difference or if they cannot agree upon a single Arbitrator to the decision of two Arbitrators, one to be appointed in writing by each of the parties within one calendar month after having been required in writing so to do by either of the parties. The Arbitrators shall agree appointment of an Umpire in writing before entering upon the reference. The Umpire shall sit with the Arbitrators and preside at their meetings and the making of an Award shall be a condition precedent to any right of action against the Company. If the Company shall disclaim liability for any claim hereunder and such claim shall not within twenty four calendar months from the date of such disclaimer have been referred to arbitration under the provisions herein contained, then the claim shall for all purposes be deemed to have been abandoned and shall not thereafter be recoverable hereunder.
If there is any other insurance covering the same contingencies the Company shall not be liable to pay or contribute more than the Company rateable roportion.
If on the happening of a claim the property at risk is of greater value than the sum Insured, the amount payable will be reduced in proportion across all level of benefits covered by the Policy.
If the circumstance in which the insurance was entered into are materially altered without our written consent this Policy shall be voidable.
Without prejudice to the Company other rights the Policyholder observance of the terms of this Policy is a condition precedent to the Company liability to make any payment under this Policy